Saturday, July 26, 2008

迟到比没到好得多

Yay for mixing idioms in different languages! For those of you who don't read Chinese, the post title is an approximate literal translation of "better late than never;" for those of you who do read Chinese, you probably know a better way to express it, preferably with a Chinese idiom, which are so much fun to translate back into English.

Now, for a quick history lesson and explanation of the blog title:

forgotten.legend: get an LJ or twitter for CHINALBAG
sorry
CHINABLAG
me: what's CHINABLAG?
forgotten.legend: A BLAG YOU WRITE WHILE IN CHINA
me: ah

It's not LJ or Twitter, but CHINALBAG now exists. You can thank Picasa for the reference to blogger.com.

Most of you probably received my email last week summarizing my first month here. For those of you who didn't, you can ask me for it and I'll send it to you. I could also post it here but that would make too much sense.

My daily schedule consists of attending class, doing homework, eating the planet's best value food, and sleeping if there's leftover time; not the most well-suited for daily blogging in terms of content or time for updates, but you can definitely expect plenty of news from weekend activities. For example, out of the 1269 pictures I've taken so far, 1065 of them were concentrated into six days; meaning that the remaining 32 days have averaged six pictures each, most of them documenting the little changes taking place around campus over time.

Well that's enough for an intro post. I'll write about today's adventures soon.

No comments: